SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 15TH, 9AM – 12 NOON
Last year more than two thousand volunteers removed over 15,000 pounds of garbage during the Great American River Clean Up. This year we are expecting even more! Join Practical Cycle in participating in this important event. We have registered as a group to clean up Discovery Park. You can meet us at Practical Cycle at 8:30am to ride over together, or just meet us there by 9am.
Administrative Details from the American River Parkway Foundation:
- The American River Parkway Foundation provides GARCU volunteers with bags, gloves, water, light snacks, and a give away item. Please wear appropriate clothing, sneakers and sun-block.
- Please arrive on time as the site captain for your chosen site location will be giving a safety briefing before sending you out on the Parkway. The event begins at 9am and will end at 12pm.
- This year we are also asking you to help us reduce waste by bringing your own reusable water bottle filled with a beverage and gardening gloves. We offer bottled water for all of our volunteers but are hoping to reduce the number of bottles handed out.
- When you arrive at your clean up site please follow the signs to the “River Cleanup” station where you will check in.
- Volunteers under 18 must bring a completed parental/guardian consent form in order to participate.
- Please wear long pants/shirts, closed-toe shoes, sunscreen, and a hat.
- Click here to review the GARCU Safety Guidelines. Please read then prior to volunteering.
For more information please do not hesitate to contact the ARPF office at (916) 486-2773, or send email to [email protected].