Join Our Team
Join us in sharing the joys of cycling!
Share the fun and earn some spare cash! Join our Ambassador Program and agree to a few simple tasks to help others find the great products we offer and we will compensate you with cash and store credit at Practical Cycle.
- Give demo rides to friends and family - if they buy a bike we will write you check for up to $200.
- Earn store credits for approved blog articles, social media posts, images and video posted online. Each will be evaluated and store credits from $20 up to $200 will be issued, depending on the quality and audience reach we can identify.
To join the program send a completed W-9 form so we can set you up as a 1099 subcontractor. Get the form online here.
To get paid send an invoice when you have compensation due to you. It can be a simple email that has your name, address and contact info that matches the W-9. Make sure your referrals tell us you sent them so we can be sure you get credit for the sale.
For store credit, provide links to your blog articles, social media posts, images and video to [email protected] along with your desired store credit amount for approval and issuance of a credit you can use at Practical Cycle.
We have the following openings:
Bicycle Technician - Electric, Cargo and Folding bikes
The Bike Technician will be responsible for a cheerful friendly attitude, clean cut appearance and absolute integrity. We strive to take the high road and always do The Right Thing to take care of our customers.
The Bike Technician's duties, in approximate order of priority, are as follows:
- Maintenance of Rental Bike fleet. Prompt repair of any problems as they arise and a weekly check of all bikes, including tires, adjustment of brakes, gears, chains, axles, pedals, bottom bracket bearings, wheel bearings, tighten bolts and fasteners, fix bent fenders, chain guards, etc.
- Retail Service of customers bikes. Examine bike and give an estimate prior to repairs.
- E-bike service and repair - training provided.
- Use POS Service ticket system to record customer information and services performed.
- Warranty service of customers bikes. Includes one free tune up and lifetime simple adjustments.
- Assembly of new bikes and trikes. Unbox and sort packaging materials - foam in garbage, cardboard and paper in recycle dumpster. Assemble, adjust and test. Apply company sticker to all bikes we sell.
- Installation and service of electric drive systems. Training will be provided.
- Cleaning and general upkeep of shop area. Return tools to proper locations. We DO NOT LOAN TOOLS. There is a public air pump with loaner tools attached to it in front of the store. At the end of each day pick up all trash, clear off workbench and organize work shop. Sweep weekly or more often as needed. Empty trash and recyclables daily.
- Occasional clerk duty for rentals and counter sales. Occasional general store upkeep such as sweeping, moping, cleaning, organizing, stocking, bike washing and general store maintenance.
Generous compensation, Medical insurance, paid vacation and training. Hello Fun!
Electric Bike Sales Associate Opportunity.
Hello Fun! Join our team helping people have fun riding bikes while earning better than average compensation for your dedicated passion. Long term associates are eligible for performance bonuses, paid vacation, medical and more. Exciting opportunity in the fast growing electric bike, cargo bike and folding bike categories. Practical Cycle is in the business of helping people rent, buy and service bikes in these categories. We are open from 10 am to 7 pm in Old Sacramento and Folsom, California, and our busiest days are Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday. We need team members that are available to bring their passion for bikes and helping others have fun. Sales and bike service experience are highly desirable and will be rewarded accordingly. Please rush your resume' to [email protected]for immediate consideration and be sure to include your availability to join the fun during our busy days.
First, take time to learn about Practical Cycle at our website, then send your resume and a short pitch explaining why you are the right person for this opportunity to [email protected].
You must be very well groomed, clean cut and wear nice clothing.
Vacation and Bike Tour Manager
Practical Cycle is looking for a motivated, knowledgeable, and engaging manager for our Pedego Vacations and Electric Bike Tours.
Physically able to safely ride our electric and regular bicycles and tricycles.
Strong interpersonal skills, especially in oral communication.
Service orientated - actively looking for ways to help people.
Comprehensive knowledge of specific aspects of Folsom and Sacramento.
Profound interest in the cities of Folsom and Sacramento.
Ability to learn and retain new information in a short period of time.
Good reading comprehension - understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
English language fluency— knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar. A second language is desired but not necessary.
Independent and self-motivated - Job requires developing one's own ways of doing things, guiding oneself with little or no supervision, and depending on oneself to get things done.
Adaptability - willingness to change tour design and emphasis with respect to demand.
Flexible schedule and a willingness to be on-call.
Basic familiarity with bicycle maintenance.
Plan and Manage our Pedego Vacations and Bike Tour offerings.
Escort individuals or groups on sightseeing tours or through places of interest such as parks, bike paths, industrial establishments, public buildings, and art galleries.
Describe tour points of interest to group members, and respond to questions.
Monitor visitor’s activities to ensure compliance with establishment or tour regulations and safety practices.
Greet and register tour customers, issue any waivers and safety equipment, set up customers with bicycles.
Provide for physical safety of groups, performing such activities as providing first aid and basic bicycle repair.
Research environmental conditions and clients' skill and ability levels in order to plan expeditions, instruction, and commentary that are appropriate.
Compensation and Schedule
Compensation is negotiable. Tours will be scheduled for popular days and times.
Please send resume and a brief description of yourself and your background to [email protected]
HOURS AND LOCATIONS
RENTALS & SERVICE
905 Leidesdorff St,
Folsom CA 95630
Thurs - Monday, 10AM - 6:00PM
(Closed Tues & Wed)
Friday, Saturday, Sunday
(Closed on Rain Days)
SALES & SERVICE
150 Natoma Station Drive
Folsom, CA 95630
Tues - Saturday, 10AM - 6:00PM
(Closed Sunday & Monday)
Closed 12/3-12/6 & 12/22-1/2