Its been a while since I posted anything to this blog, so bear with me as I try to bring all of you out there in cyber space up to date on what’s been happening at Practical Cycle over the last month or so.
First of all, we have been very busy. Last month was busier than the month before, and we have every reason to believe that this month will be even better! We still have a long way to go, but we seem to be on the right track. I think its fair to say that Practical Cycle is here to stay. There are no more doubts, at least in my mind, about the success and longevity of this business.
We have had a number of Worksman special orders lately that are worth mentioning.
- My dad took the train to Oxnard last month to assemble two electric Side-by-Side trikes
- Today my uncle Mike and I delivered a Front Load trike to Davis
- We are expecting an electric Personal Activity Vehicle to arrive any day now
While my dad was in Oxnard he made a trip down to Irvine to visit with the good folks at Pedego. They have been very supportive and a real pleasure work with. They produce a wonderful product, and they do what they say they will do, when they say they will do it. The new Pedego 2011 models are finally here with a few improvements.
- Brand new lithium-ion polymer battery weighing only 6 pounds!
- Extended life battery now available with 50% more capacity
- Built-in lock on the back wheel to protect your investment
- Two breathtaking new colors- Blushing Blue and Orchid Purple
My dad and I each celebrated our birthdays earlier this month, and today my dad marks 19 years without a drink! One of our greatest birthday gifts this year came from the owner of our building, Bill Beale, who funded a new break room and bathroom remodel at Practical Cycle.
And last but not least, I am delighted to introduce a new member of the Practical Cycle family. Hanna Snider is a bright, charismatic Berkeley graduate and intern at the California State Capitol. My dad met her while they were both riding to work on the American River Parkway. She does not own a car and she gets around town on the same bike her mom rode in college!!! Hanna will be leading guided tours featuring Sacramento’s rich history and scenic vistas.
And a very special thanks goes to all of our customers who have helped us fulfill our mission and turn our wildest dreams into reality.